- Customers come from all areas of Sarasota and Manatee counties, with a combined population of 709, 355, according to the 2011 US Census Bureau.
- 44,759 households in Sarasota and Manatee Counties have income exceeding $100,000 according to the US Census Bureau 2010 estimates.
- Over 3 million tourists visit Sarasota and Manatee counties annually with direct expenditures in excess of $1 billion dollars.
- Top visitor origins outside of Florida are:
Many of our customers can walk to Pineapple Square from luxury condominiums, just to name a few:
- The Ritz Carlton Residences
- 1000 Central
- 1350 Main
- Bay Plaza
- Five Points
Visitors staying at upscale hotels are also short walk from Pineapple Square's retail area. Two of the largest in the area include:
- The Ritz Carlton
- The Hyatt Regency
Locals and visitors come from the surrounding areas to attend:
- The Sarasota Ballet
- The Sarasota Opera
- The Asolo Repertory Theatre
- The Ringling Museum of Art
- The Ringling College of Art and Design
- The Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- The Van Wezel Performing Arts Center
- The Florida Studio Theatre
- The Players Theatre
Customers are attracted to downtown Sarasota’s year-round series of events including:
- Sarasota's renowned Farmer's Market
- The International Chalk Festival
- The Sarasota Film Festival
- The Sarasota Jazz Festival
- The Christmas Boat Parade
- Various arts and sidewalk festivals held throughout the year
For a full listing of Sarasota-area events and activities, check out the Sarasota Herald Tribune events calendar.
Whole Foods Market
One of the main attractions for area residents and visitors is the Whole Foods Market, the only Whole Foods Market in the entire Sarasota-Manatee County area. It was the opening of Whole Foods that sparked downtown Sarasota's retail growth and the creation of Pineapple Square.
Pineapple Square. A great place to live and work.
Downtown Sarasota, Florida